Conscious Hotel Museum Square------ A Nice Stay In Amsterdam

I visited Amsterdam for 5 day business trip during March 2013. The base for my stay was Conscious Hotel Museum Square.

Brief information about Conscious Hotels:

Conscious Hotels is an eco-friendly hotel. In 2013 it has won 2nd price in TOP100 Green Entrepreneur Award by biggest Dutch Newspaper Telegraaf. It has two sites in Amsterdam. The Museum Square one was opened in the summer 2009. It has 36 rooms. As the name suggests, the hotel is close to the Van Gogh Museum, Rijksmuseum and Stedelijk Museum.

My experience:

Conscious Hotel Museum Square is located in a busy road. It seems not difficult to find. There were pubs, restaurants and shops nearby. However, for some reason my taxi driver did get lost when we were almost there.

I arrived at about 6pm, a little late than expected. Fortunately the staff were waiting for me and the checking in was very fast.

My room was on the second floor. I took the lift instead of walking up the steep and narrow stairs. The room was in a decent size and I had a very big king-size bed. The bed was very comfortable. There was s big new style TV set and the TV picture quality was good. The two disappoints were the bed was too near to the bathroom. There was no kettle for boiling water, no tea bags or coffee.

My private bathroom was big enough for me. It had toilet and shower. A big mirror made you feel it was bigger and brighter.

The breakfast was good but not cheap in my opinion. You can choose from a basic English or continental breakfast.

The checking out was as fast as the checking in. They accept any plastic card. Also I would like to say the staff members were friendly. They provided nice breakfast and cleaned the room on time.

My Opinions:

I didn't choose Conscious Hotels. My company booked it for me. You can make your reservation by telephone or via the hotel website or other agent websites. The price can be vary between £65 and £120. Considering the price and service I have received I recommend Conscious Hotels.